Before using pottery

Pottery is absorbent. Therefore if you just directly use it after newly purchasing, liquids such as cooking oil, soy sauce, or drinks such as tea or coffee, will seep into it and cannot be washed off. 

This applies not only to white vessels, but also to colored ones.

To prevent this, soak it in clean water for 30 minutes to an hour before using it, and then dry it thoroughly before using it( 2 to 3 days inside and outside). Also, when using a dish that has not been used for a while, it is a good idea to quickly soak it in water before serving the food.

However, since pottery is water absorbent, it will inevitably become dirty little by little as you use it. However, it is said that pottery is something that enjoys that “change” and grows. By all means, please engrave a wonderful history on the vessel.

Due to its nature, pottery is weak against ”impact” and will break if hit or dropped. So please be careful when washing by hand or wiping the washed dishes with a cloth. Broken tableware can cause injuries, so please handle it with care.

How to correctly use Microwaves, ovens, and dishwashers

Using microwaves, ovens, and dishwashers puts a strain on the pottery. However these machines are very convenient, and it is better to use them if possible, also for tableware, it is useful when it is used conveniently in everyday life as a “lifestyle tool”. 

Using machinery can cause dirt, chipping, and cracking, but if you use it carefully and don’t use it unreasonably, it won't happen often. Please do not use a scratched or cracked tableware as it may break due to the use of these machines.

Also, pottery is vulnerable to sudden temperature changes and partial temperature changes. Therefore, please be careful not to immerse the hot vessel in water or cause it to become hot partially. 

- Dishwasher-

It will not crack under the high temperature and pressure of washing in a household dishwasher. However if they bump into each other when putting them in and taking them out, or if they fall over inside, or if the dishes collide with each other, they can get scratched, chipped edges or cracked. If you use dishwasher with a metal basket, the same applies if you bump into the basket.

Please be careful Not to hit the containers with other objects.

In addition, it is better not to use a dish with scratches or cracks, as it may break when used in the dishwasher.



- Microwave/ Steamer-

Using a microwave oven or steamer will not break the pottery. However, please avoid sudden cooling of a hot vessel as it may cause damage. Also, please refrain from using a dish with scratches or cracks, as it may break when using a microwave or steamer.

About the use of bleach

As described in "Before using pottery", ceramics/ pottery are water absorbent. Therefore, it is better not to use bleach as it may be absorbed.

About using the knives

Light-colored plates such as white and gray may leave marks called "metal marks" after you use a knife to cut food on the plate. This is because metal is weaker than pottery, and fine pieces of metal chipped off due to friction enter the cracks of the pottery and remain. So please refrain from using the knife on light-colored dishes, as it may leave scratches that CANNOT be washed off.

About direct fire use

Unless it stated used fire-resistant or heat-resistant clay, otherwise it CANNOT be used over and open flame.

Watch out for mold during the rainy season

Since there is no nutrition for "mold" in the bowl itself, the direct cause of "mold" is unwashed food sticking to the bowl. Also, since pottery absorbs water, even if the surface is clean, it is necessary to properly remove the water absorbed by the pottery, and the best countermeasure is "dry enough".

If you wash a container that has grown mold, you can use it again. However, if you are concerned about it, we recommend boiling sterilization.

If you still cannot remove the mold, use a commercially available" kitchen bleach" to clean it. In that case, please note the following-

- Soak in clean water before soaking in bleach.
- Soak in clean water for a while after soaking in bleach.
- Wash with neutral detergent and dry thoroughly before using.
We do Not recommend using "bleach" because the vessel is absorbent, but we do use it with caution only "if mold has grown"
-Tips to prevent mold from growing-
1- Dry the vessel with "buttocks" facing up because most of the water absorbed by the vessel evaporates from the UNGLAZED areas such as the bottom.
2- Especially during the rainy seasons, it would be a good idea to spread a dishcloth in the kitchen and create a place to dry the dishes and leave them there for a while after washing them.
3- If you are using a cupboard with a door, we recommend opening the door frequently so that moisture does not get trapped inside.